INSTRUCTOR OF REMOTE MEDICINE JOB POSTING
An Instructor for Remote Medical Training (RMT) is the backbone of our business. As an instructor, you will perform direct teaching and demonstration of remote medicine and facilitates hands-on learning for our students. The position evaluates and provides feedback to students through interaction, demonstration, and evaluation. As an instructor, you will guide students through the most current curriculum while ensuring policies and procedures, objectives, and safety standards are maintained.
Our courses take place around the world, and range from introductory courses for recreational enthusiasts to advanced courses for medical professionals. A course will typically last anywhere from a two-day wilderness first aid to a thirty-day Remote EMT. All course levels include the option for hybrid teaching to enable students to participate in our independent learning model, coupled with in-person practical skills.
Our instructors are also professional in their field, thus are able to teach courses through lectures and interactive labs in an intimate learning environment, while bringing in front-line experience to help our student learn. We structure our courses to the specific needs and challenges of the student by creating interactive lectures and scenarios.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of RMT educational program offerings.
- Prepare and deliver instruction and ensures courses at each level are taught in accordance with RMT curriculum, RMT delivery methods, and any applicable outside regulations.
- Evaluate learner performance, provide feedback, and develop learner remediation plans.
- Fulfill RMT’s program administrative requirements, to include but not limited to, quizzes, test, practical skills, scenarios, maintenance of program, course, student records and submission of reports.
- Manage online course materials and students, when applicable.
- Customer and employee focused attitude.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of current EMS curricular content and education standards.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills with office management software, Office 360, etc.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Associates degree and/or equivalent education and experience.
- Two years documented adult education and or facilitation experience.
- Remote EMT certification or higher and documented patient care experience.
- Washington State EMT certification or higher.
- Washington State BLS Evaluator preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume or CV, and a copy of your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why you wish to be an instructor.
- Professional experience as a medical provider and instructor.
- Experience in remote and/or wilderness medicine.
- Additional relevant background and experience that will prepare you to be an instructor.
- Your availability to teach courses. Ex. geographic, days per month/year, number of consecutive working days.