Medical Director Update: Remote Medical Training's Precautions to COVID-19
Remote Medical Training & COVID-19 Update
As the world’s population continues to learn more about the outbreak and spread of COVID-19, Remote Medical Training is focusing on the disruptive impact it may have on the lives of our students, clients, and our staff. The CDCs website on COVID-19 is well equipped to answer the multitude of simple and complex questions that many have. The reality of the virus is that it is establishing itself in the United States, and the CDC and WHO are giving specific guidance on methods for individuals, businesses, healthcare facilities, schools, assisted living centers and more on methods to mitigate transmission rates. This will be the guidance we will use for our business: Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission.
Precautions Relating to RMT Courses, Staff, Students, and Clients
Remote Medical Training will not be cancelling any scheduled courses at this time. Our training programs are small with the maximum personal count of less than 40 total personnel on site, including ancillary personnel. We are not deemed a mass gathering and are able to conduct classes in line with their guidance. Regardless, we will be conducting classes with a heightened sense of safety by recommending the following:
Personnel and Facility Precautions
- Stop handshaking and use other non-contact gestures and greetings.
- Clean hands at the door when possible.
- Avoid touching faces and when needed to, washing hands prior to doing so and after.
- Disinfecting surfaces like doorknobs, desk surfaces, handrails, etc.
- Increasing ventilation by opening windows, adjusting air conditioning, and conducting training outdoors when able.
Food Handling (for applicable residential courses)
- Limit any food sharing.
- Strengthen health screening and hygiene practices for our food handlers and preparers when able.
Do not come to class IF…
- If you are ill or become ill, then contact us by phone, email or messaging before you travel or come to class so we can accommodate you by whatever means feasible.
- If you have sick family members at home.
Remote Medical Training policies during times of natural disaster or unprecedented state of emergency
- Transfer Policy: RMT’s policies allow any student who is enrolled in a RMT course to transfer to any course free of any charge.
- Cancellation Fees: we will be waiving all cancellation fees related to medical condition, public health risk, or the current situation.
There is very simple and excellent guidance for everyone that can be found here: What every American can do now to decrease the spread of the coronavirus.
Remote EMT Clinical Rotations postponed:
The Washington State Department of Health has temporarily waived Emergency Department clinicals for EMT students. These clinicals can be replaced by scenarios-based experiences provided by our instructors. We have extensive experience in doing this and will continue to provide excellent scenarios to allow for proper training immersion and experience.
It is of the utmost importance to us to maintain a safe learning environment for our students and a safe working environment for our staff while limiting the impact of this event on our provided services. We are committed to maintaining the same high-level quality of medical training services that you have grown accustomed to, even in the face of such an unprecedented world health event.
We will continue to follow the COVID-19 updates from the CDC, World Health Organization and Washington State Department of Health, as well as monitor any directives from national, state, and local governments. It is our commitment to continue to deliver uninterrupted service to you so that you can focus on the other unexpected responsibilities that may become yours during this time.
If there are any required implementations from the above governing bodies, we will update and inform all students/clients as soon as we are informed. If you have any questions regarding your current course, a future course, or any other concerns, please reach out to our customer service team at +1 (360) 727-1944 or email@example.com.
Dr. Jayson Eversgerd
Board Certified Emergency Physician
Remote Medical Training Medical Director